Set out below are Alan Finer's areas of special interest
- Assessment of psychological effects of brain damage on skill learning
and functional competence, personality constructs
- Behaviour management within organisations and application of
psychological principles as an alternative to use of aversive
- Assessment of complex problems - psychosis, sensory impairment,
autistic spectrum disorders and development of appropriate
provision and management within natural environments.
- Attention Deficit Disorders - implications for management of
behaviour and learning.
- Post traumatic disorders in children and adults - counselling.
- Movement problems, skill acquisition amongst clumsy children.
- Assessment and provision for children, young people and adults with
- Assessment of mental health problems in adults and providing for
needs within normal society, developing a philosophy of inclusion
rather than exclusion.
- Skills analysis - learning, social competence, occupational.
- Functional needs assessment.
- Personality disorders.
- Assessment of babies and young children - motor/development